Dr. R. Dhanalakshmi, M.A., M.Phil.,Ph.D.,
Dean for Research, University & UGC Affairs
(Assistant Professor of English)
Institutional policy for promotion of research
- The College has a research committee which monitors and addresses the issues related to research.
- The Research Committee is continuously encouraging the staff members to take up research projects in their respective fields .Circulates information to all the faculty members when funding agencies call for the Research Project Proposals.
- The Research Committee constitute the Principal as the Chairperson, a senior faculty member as the Co-ordinator and staff representative from each discipline.
- Staff members working in self-financing courses are granted long leave to complete their PhD’s
- Staff members working in self-financing courses are appreciated by providing increments for receiving PhD degrees and for clearing SET / NET exams.
- To enhance the research culture in the institution, the registration fee for publishing research papers in UGC approved journals and international conferences are funded from the UGC autonomy grant for the aided course staff members and for self-financing course staff members, from the management grant.
- The institution continuously taps the fund provided by UGC for FIP programmes.
- The institution has planned to award the staff members who excel in research activities.
Research Committee 2018-19
|Name||Designation in the institution||Position in the Committee|
|Dr.R.Dhanalakshmi||Assistant Professor in English||Dean & Convener|
|Dr.R.Sangeetha||Assistant Professor in physics||Member|
|Dr. S. Lingeswari||Assistant Professor of English||Member|
|Dr.S.Vigneswaran||Assistant Professor in Economics||Member|
|Dr. B. Kothai Nachiar||Assistant Professor in Commerce||Member|
|Ms. S. Ragavi||Assistant Professor in Mathematics||Member|
|Mr.M.Rajkumar||Assistant Superintendent||Member&Convener Student Research Cell|