For the purpose of providing management education to rural students, BBA Course has been introduced in the self finance wing with 10 students in the year 1998 – 1999. The objective of BBA Degree Programme is to equip the students with specific knowledge and skills for junior and middle positions of responsibilities in industrial and commercial organization. An additional BBA section has been introduced with 60 students in the year 2010 – 2011.
The syllabus of the BBA programme includes core subjects such as principles of management, business law, human resource management, marketing management, financial management and business mathematics etc. It also includes skill based subjects such as body language, personal selling, personality development, entrepreneurship, interview and group discussion skills.
Brief Chronicle of the Department
- Self Finance Courses established in 1996
- Department of Business Administration (SF) in 1998.
- Introduction of UG (BBA) programme in June 1998
- Introduction of additional UG (BBA) programme in June 2010.
The Department of Business Administration, Self Finance Wing will provide a locally revered and globally recognised business education for rural students.
- To encourage critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, effective communication, ethical decision making and social responsibility.
- To provide quality and affordable business education to our diverse students.
- To impart practical knowledge with brainstorming, quiz, industrial visit and project work.
- KNOWLEDGE: We value the creation, application and communication of knowledge to advance business disciplines and improve management practices.
- OPPORTUNITY: We are committed to provide students an opportunity to excel in a rigorous academic business program.
- RESPECT: We endeavor to treat all people with dignity and respect and to maintain fairness in our interactions with all.
- CREATIVITY: We seek to induce critical / creative thinking of students by engaging them in research project.
- SKILL: We help to acquire the essential skills needed for a manager such as communication, leadership, personal selling etc.
- INTEGRITY: We value high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
|1||Mr. E. Baskaran||B.Sc.,B.L.,LLM.,MBA.,M.Phil.,PGDCA.,||HOD & Lecturerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Mr. C. Prabhu||MBA.,MLM.,M.Phil.,(NET & SLET)||Lectureremail@example.com|
|3||Mrs. B. Beaula||MBA.,M.Phil.,||Lecturerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||Mr. V.A. Ragavendran||MBA,M.Com.,M.Phil.,||Lectureremail@example.com|
|5||Dr. R. Sofia||MBA.,M.Phil.,||Lecturerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Mr. N.Vijayanand||MBA, (Ph.D) (SET)||Lectureremail@example.com|
Name : BUSI-MAN (2013)
Objective : To train the students to participate in the competitions conducted by other institutions.
- General and Management related Quiz
- Guest Lecture on Recent Trends on Information Technology
- Technical Paper Presentation
- Students will act as event coordinator to enhance Leadership Quality.
Awards and Rewards in the Inter Collegiate competitions and other programmes by the students:
SEMINARS/INTER COLLEGIATE COMPETITIONS ATTENDED BY STUDENTS (2016 – 2017)
- 84 students participated in the inter-collegiate competitions organized by the various colleges in and around Madurai.
- 32 students participated in the seminars & workshops organized by various universities.
- They won the overall championship award in intercollegiate competition – ‘Talentron 2017’ organized by Vijay Institute of Management, Dindigul on 16.2.2017
- They won the Runner award in intercollegiate competition – ‘WIN WIN 2017’ organized by Department of Management Studies, VHNSN College, Virudhunagar on 7.2.2017
They won first prize in Business Quiz competition organized by Madurai School of Management, Vadipatti, and Madurai on 17.2.2017
|S. No.||Date||Venue||Seminar/Inter collegiate meet topic||No. of Students Participated|
|1.||29.9.2016||MEPCO SCHLENK ENG COLLEGE, SIVAKASI||ICM – EXCELSIA – 2K16||10|
|2.||7.10.2016||NMS.SVN COLLEGE. MADURAI||Seminar – Creativity and Innovation in EDP||20|
|Sri Vidhya college of Engineering and Technology, Virudhunagar||ICM||16|
|VHNSN College, Virudhunagar||ICM – WIN WIN 2017||12 (Runner award in Ad Act & Mime)|
|5.||16.2.2017||Vijay Institute of Management, Dindigul||ICM – Talentron 2017||13– (Over all championship)|
|6.||17.2.2017||Madurai School of Management, Vadipatti, Madurai||ICM||18 (1st Prize in Business Quiz & 3rd Prize in Mime)|
|7.||17.2.2017||Kalasalingam University Srivillipudur||Workshop – Career opportunity for MBA||12|
|8.||23.2.2017||KLN College of Engineering, Pottapalayam, Sivagangai Dt.||ICM||15 (3rd prize in Corporate show)|
|SL. NO||EVENT||INSTITUTION||DATE||NO. OF STUDENTS||RECOGNITION|
|1.||Inter collegiate competition||K.P. National College Of Arts & Science, Batlagundu||22.09.2015||17||–|
|Interactive Session with KiranBedi||Thiagarajar College of Engineering||12.01.2016||1||–|
|Inter collegiate meeting||Nehru Yuva Kendra, Madurai Kamaraj University College, Madurai||25.01.2016||3||–|
|Inter collegiate meeting||BharathNiketan Engineering college, Andipatti||26.02.2016||11||
Secured 1st prize in Dumb Charades and second prize in Group Dance and overall champion (Runners)
|5.||Inter collegiate meeting||Srividhya Engineering college||26.02.2016||15||Secured third prize in corporate show
|Inter collegiate meeting||V.H.Senthi Kumar Nadar college, Virudunagar||
Secured Second prize in Ad-act
|Inter collegiate meeting||S.V.N.College||09.03.2016||18||–|
|Inter collegiate meeting||Thiagarajar College of Engineering||11.03.2016||9||–|
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS BY STUDENTS
- K. ShanthiPriya, Final BBA student of Department of Business Administration (S.F) secured 8th Rank in Madurai Kamaraj University Part III major rank holders list (JUNE 2014).
- R. AchuthaShanmugam, Final BBA student of Department of Business Administration (S.F) secured 6th Rank in Madurai Kamaraj University Part III major rank holders list (JUNE 2013).
- T.P.VishnuVardan, Final BBA student of department of Business Administration (S.F) secured 10th Rank in Madurai Kamaraj University Part III major rank holders list (JUNE 2011).
SEMINARS/INTER COLLEGIATE COMPETITIONS ATTENDED BY STUDENTS
YEAR 2014 – 2015
|S. No||Date||Venue||Seminar/Inter collegiate meet topic||No. of Students Participated|
|1.||20.07.2014||Chinmaya Mission, ChinmayaYuva Kendra, Madurai||Youth Camp – IQ – Inner Quest||3|
|2.||08.08.2014||SermathaiVasan College, Madurai||BUSI-ECLAT 2014||
|3.||17.09.2014||Madurai Institute Of Social Science, Madurai||Paper presentation – Consumer Protection In India||4|
|4.||23.01.2015||AR School Of Business, Dindigul||Workshop – Basic Business Principles||
|5.||06.02.15||Sri Kaliswari Institute of Management and Technology, Sivakasi||“SKIMT MAGNATE 2015”||6/Secured Second place in Short Film & Charmaine|
|6.||20.02.15||Sourashtra college, Madurai||Corporate Social Responsibility||5|
|7.||21.02.15||Fortune Pandian Hotel,Madurai||AIMA Foundation Day – Profitability through TQM||7|
YEAR (2013 – 14)
|S. No||Date||Venue||Seminar/Inter collegiate meet Topic||No. of Students Participated|
|1.||06.08.13||SermathaiVasan College, Madurai||BUSI-ECLAT||6|
|2.||14.02.14 & 15.02.14||Michael Institute of Management Studies||SINENSIS 2013||14/Third prize – Win it in 60 seconds|
|3.||28.02.14||Chettinad College of Engineering and Technology, Karur||YUKTHI||1/ Paper Presented on Motivation|
|4.||06.03.2014||VHNSN College, Virudhunagar||Win-Win 2014||10/ Overall Championship Award|
YEAR (2012 – 2013)
|S.No.||Date||Venue||Seminar/Inter collegiate meet Topic||No. of Students Participated|
|1.||07.08.12||SermathaiVasan College, Madurai||BUSI-ECLAT||7|
|2.||14.12.12||R.L.Institute, Madurai||Business Quiz||6|
|Ranganathan Engineering College, Coimbatore||INDIA 2020||4|
|Michael Institute of Management Studies, Madurai||SINENSE 2013||4|
|5.||16.02.13||OAA MAVMM School of Management, Madurai||Functioning of Stock Exchange||6|
|6.||22.02.13||ANJA College, Sivakasi||Work shop – Choosing Specialization in Management Studies||2|
|7.||28.02.13||V.H.N.S.N College, Virudhunagar||WIN WIN 2013||2|
|8.||28.02.13||SreeVee Business School, Dindigul||PULSEUP 2013||4|
|9.||14.03.13||Sourashtra College, Madurai||SYNERGIA’13||8|