Course: B.Sc. (CHEMISTRY)
About the Department : Self financing Under Graduate Chemistry course commenced from the academic year 2017 – 18. Successfully we step into second year for the self financing UG chemistry course at present. Our vision is to aspires young adult to excel in Chemical Education, Research and Services. To make our students to a chemically superior and ethically strong is teaching, scholarship and services.
LIST OF HODs
|S.no||NAME OF THE HOD||FROM||TO|
|1||Dr. S. SIVA, M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.,||June 2017||May 2018|
|2||Dr. K. MUTHUPANDI, M.Sc., M.Ed., PGDCA, Ph.D||June 2018||Till date|
List of staff members
|1||Dr. K. MUTHUPANDI||M.Sc., M.Ed., PGDCA, Ph.D||HODemail@example.com|
|2||Ms. B. KAVITHA||M.Sc., B.Ed.,M.Phil||Assistant Professorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- One faculty member & ten students of our Department have attended the Science Academics sponsored Lecture Workshop on “Recent Developments in Chemistry” organized by the Department of Chemistry, Sri S.R.N.M College, Sattur-626203 on 21- 08-2017 & 22-08-2017.
- Three students of our Department have participated the “State Level Intercollegiate Quiz Competition” conducted by the Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam at ANJAC College, Sivakasi on 21- 09-2017.
- We have inaugurated the Association of Chemistry subsequently organized the Guest Lecture program on 04-10-17 at 10.00 am in our college. The Guest Lecture was given on “Basic Concepts of Chemistry” by Dr. R. SayeeKannan, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Thiagarajar College, Madurai-625009.
- Ten students of our Department have visited the “ISRO Science Exhibition” organized by the Mahatma Montessori Matriculation High Sec School, Pudhur, Madurai on 06-10-17.
- Five students of our Department have attended UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Contemporary Physics” organized by the Department of Physics, Madura College, Madurai on 15-12-17.
- We have inaugurated the Association of Chemistry subsequently organized the Guest Lecture program on 28-02-18 at 9.30 am in our college. The Guest Lecture was given on “Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry” by Dr. A. Xavier, Head & Associate Professor, The Madura College, Madurai-625011.
- We have inaugurated the Association of Chemistry subsequently organized the Guest Lecture program on 06-07-18 at 11.00 am in our college. The Guest Lecture was given on “Food Adulteration” by Dr. N. P. Krishnan, Assistant Professor, Sourashtra College, Madurai-625004.
- We have organized the Guest Lecture program on 27-07-18 at 12.00 noon in our College. The Guest Lecture was given on “Life is Chemistry” by Mr. S. Balasubramaniasamy, Retd. Head (HSEQSS), Cairn Oil & Gas, New Delhi.