Grievance Redressal and Counseling Policy
AIM & SCOPE:
Mannar Thirumalai Naicker College has an effective and transparent grievance redressal & counseling mechanism. It is committed to equally treating all the teaching, non – teaching staff, scholars and students humbly and honestly. The main scope of the policy outlines a framework to seek guidance, resolve the grievance of all teaching, non – teaching staff, scholars and students of the institution.
- To create awareness about the importance of grievance redressal and counseling mechanism to all faculty members, non – teaching staff, scholars and students.
- To practice a mechanism to investigate and resolve the appeals through the respective committee confidentially.
- To evolve a platform where students can express their grievances freely and frankly regarding academic and non-academic issues.
- To take necessary steps to solve the problems quickly.
TRANSPARENT MECHANISM FOR STUDENTS’ GRIEVANCES AND COUNSELING:
- The institution provides a mechanism to the students to redress their grievances about their appeals on academic and non-academic issues.
- A victimized student who has any grievances at the programme level shall apply first to the Mentor as the case may be. After verifying the facts, shall try to redress the grievance within a reasonable time, preferably within a week of the receipt of the complaint.
- If it is failed to resolve the grievances, it shall be raised with relevant evidence directly and confidentially to the department or to the members of the grievance redressal and counseling committee or to the Principal.
- The Principal and the convenor will review the matter confidentially and resolve it fairly, responsibly & promptly by the authority.
- Psychological and emotional counseling shall be offered to the aggrieved student.
- Grievance (if any) is also expressed by the parents and the institution takes it positively and tries to solve it.
COMPOSITION OF GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL AND COUNSELING COMMITTEE:
The Principal as the Chairperson of the Grievance Redressal and Counseling Committee, he will be the authority of the policy. The Principal constitutes the Grievance Redressal and Counseling Committee. It consists the faculty members from different disciplines and one faculty member deputed as the Convenor of the Committee others would act as members.
EXECUTING OF GRIEVANCES IN THE FOLLOWING PROCESS:
- The students can meet the committee at any time as the accessible has been made easy in the campus.
- A system has been evolved to enquire and analyze the grievances in a strictly confidential manner.
- The committee will discuss with the Principal and the College Council for prompt action.
- If necessary, the principal will explain the decision taken in the College Governing Council regarding the issue with the members of the management.
- The teaching and non-teaching staff can meet the Principal to discuss their grievances.
- The Principal will take all initiatives to sort out their grievances impartially and fairly.
The Grievance Redressal and Counseling Committee prepares a policy framework for the Grievance Redressal and Counseling. All the doubts raised by the stakeholders will be clarified by the Grievance Redressal and Counseling Committee. The final decision is taken by the Chairperson.