The Feedback Mechanisms Prevailing at the College
The development of any organization, especially a college, heavily depends upon a well functioning feedback system. It requires a thorough preparation to initiate, launch and implement the feedback system. This college has been practicing a 4300 feedback systems accommodating all the stakeholders including staff, students, alumni and parents for many years to help the individuals and organization as a whole to improve the performance and effectiveness of the Institution.
Feedback is obtained from both the faculty members in our college and other institutions who serve as external examiners and members of Board of Studies in various disciplines. The feedbacks are properly analyzed and revised to update the syllabus.
- Parents are important state holders of this system
- Parents meeting is periodically conducted in this college and their suggestions are regularly obtained and analyzed
- The following parameters are accommodated in the feedback
- Teaching faculty
- Fees Structure
- Career Guidance and Placement
The feedbacks offered by the employers about the programs are given due significance and accordingly the contents of the program are modified / revised
The Board of Studies of various departments is invariably represented by one e employer, who is normally a senior industrial expert
Students’ feedback on staff received every year.
The following parameters are considered to obtain feedback. They are
- Whether the syllabus prescribed for the course suits the objective of the study
- The coverage of syllabus in the class
- Preparation of subjects by the teachers for the classes
- Ability of the communication of the teachers
- The teacher’s approach to students
- Fairness of the internal evaluation process by the teachers
- Discussion by the teachers on students performance in assignments
- The institution’s active interest in promoting internship, student exchange, field visit opportunities for students.
- The teaching and mentoring process to facilitate cognitive, social and emotional growth of the students
- Multiple opportunities in the campus to learn and grow
- Mentor and Mentee system for a necessary follow-up with an assigned task
- The usage of student centric methods, such as experiential learning, participative learning and problem solving methodologies for enhancing learning experiences.
- Teachers’ encouragement of students to participate in extracurricular activities.
- Efforts made by the institute/ teachers to inculcate soft skills, life skills and employability skills to make the students ready for the world of work.
- Percentage of teachers using ICT tools such as LCD projector, Multimedia, etc. while teaching.
- The overall quality of teaching-learning process in the institute
- Usefulness of teaching materials
- Study groups in furthering learning
- Timelines of practical work
- Educative value of mid-programme placement
- Fairness of evaluations
- Interaction with faculties
- Interaction with Administration
- Computer Facilities
- Library Facilities
- Recreational Facilities
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Sports Facilities
The alumni association of the college is registered under society act .The alumni meets 15th of august of every year. They hold department as well as a common meeting in the same day .The college enjoys a strong and healthy association with the Alumni Club. As the alumni is found to be the brand ambassador(s) of our institute, the feedback, of the alumni is given, due considerations.
The alumnus has active representation in the Board of studies Meet. The recommendations made by the alumni are subsequently discussed and approved by the BOS.